What information does Data Driven Business collect?
We gather certain personal information about you, including your:
- e-mail address
Certain portions of the Web Site may prompt you to provide other personal information in your user profile, may ask you to answer demographic or personal preference questions, or may ask for financial information to complete a purchase. You may choose not to provide this information, but if you do so, you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services on the Web Site.
We also track the Internet address of the domains from which users visit us and information about which advertisements are displayed to a user, which advertisements a user clicked on and a user’s other interactions with the Web Site. Data Driven Business also tracks users’ traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which web sites a user visits while using the Web Site and which pages a user views while using the Web Site.
How We Gather Information
When you register with Data Driven Business, the registration form requires you to give us certain personal information. We also gather information through other forms or questions that you may answer on the Web Site.
We use software to track the Internet address of the domains from which users visit us.
How We Use Information
Information we obtain from you is used to:
- provide and/or improve our level and scope of service to you, including sending additional newsletters or mailings from us or our affiliates that may be of interest to you
- fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as newsletters
- analyze trends and statistics
- diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web Site
- gather and analyze demographic and marketing information
- allow Data Driven Business to send you updates and other information regarding the Web Site
- allow Data Driven Business to send you promotional information that may be of interest to you
- with your consent, to allow third parties to send you promotional information that may be of interest to you
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Personally Identifiable Information
We may make your personally identifiable information available to third parties when:
- we have your consent to share the information
- they provide services or products on behalf of Data Driven Business; provided that they do not have the right to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the applicable service
- you use co-branded services
- we sell, assign or transfer a part of our business that provides a particular service to you; provided that your personally identifiable information may be sold, assigned or transferred only to the acquirer as a part of such transaction
- we are required to do so by law, regulation, rule or court order; pursuant to requests from governmental agencies or law enforcement authorities
- necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our User Agreement
- necessary to protect Data Driven Business, our members or other third parties including, without limitation, other emergency situations
If you wish to opt out of any service from Data Driven Business or to revoke any previously provided consent, please update your profile
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Without your consent, Data Driven Business may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other parties for marketing, promotional and other purposes. Except as set forth above, we do not disclose without your consent any information that could be used to identify you personally.
How to Update Information
You may update information previously provided to Data Driven Business, including any consents provided to or withheld from Data Driven Business, by changing your user profile.
Third Party Advertisers
The Web Site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available for you to use. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes publicly accessible and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
The Web Site may contain links to other sites. Data Driven Business is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites, notwithstanding the inclusion on such sites of the trademarks of Data Driven Business.
This Policy Subject to Change
Rising Media, Inc.
211 E. Victoria Street, Suite E
Santa Barbara, CA 93101